Correct spelling, explanation: the root of the word model can be found in the Latin word modulus. Later, however, it entered Italian in the form modello and French as modelle. As model the word appeared in English for the first time in the 16th century.
Definition of model:
1. noun – the best example of something; Everything is spotless at their place;
Jenny is a model housewife.
2. noun – a person who presents new clothes;
She started her career as a model at high school.
3. noun – a type of something, e.g. a machine or a car;
The company presented their latest model of a car, which is really luxurious.
Phrases with model:
Some common phrases with model include:
1. role model – a person who is admired by others and plays an important role in their lives;
Our grandmother has always been a role model to me and my sister and we always wanted to copy her in everything.
2. model house – also known as showhouse, is a new apartment or a house that is arranged as if somebody already lived in it so that the potential buyers of a similar place could get the image of their future house;
Once we saw the model house, we were sure that we want our hew house to look exactly like that.
3. business model – the description of how some business or organization works so that it makes money;
Their business model is pretty simple – gain a lot of customers in a short period of time and sell them as much as it’s possible.
Incorrect spelling, explanation: a common English mistake is to spell the word model as
modle. It is probably the result of the pronunciation of the word, which might suggest the latter version. However, the only correct spelling is model.
Still not sure?Ask your question in our comments section below (we reply to all comments within 24 hours)
or return to main search.